Inline with all the exciting changes at Alchemy, we believe that education is everything, we want to share our knowledge with you, to elevate your service and understanding of the treatments we offer.
Emma-Lou, our Therapy & Training Manager, thought It would be a great opportunity to answer her most frequently asked question, ‘what is Sugaring and what’s all the fuss about?’.
Sugaring is first and foremost a hair removal service, with a concept that has been around longer than you and I. For ‘all the fuss’ , here are just 6 of the main reasons to get you started.
- Our Tamara sugar paste is certified organic (USDA), 100% natural, vegan, hypoallergenic, fair trade & leaping bunny approved. An absolute must for all hair types, skin types, areas and genders.
- Wave bye bye to the sticky, black fluff residue of waxing, and hello to the WATER SOLUBLE delight of sugaring. Created with 3 simple ingredients, sugar, filtered water and lemon juice. Your skin is left smooth, exfoliated, hydrated and most importantly hair free.
- No heat, No burn. Sugaring is an art, that requires a therapist to balance the seasons, humidity, client body temperature and most importantly paste consistency for exceptional results. For this, sugar paste is gently heated to body temperature and never sensitise our skin.
- Sugaring revolutionises the process of hair removal, extracting hair in the natural direction of growth minimises hair breakage (often seen in waxing), reduced ingrown hairs, whilst extracting hairs as short as 2mm for longer lasting results.
- Due to the high water content, Sugar is unable to adhere to live skin, meaning there’s no lifting or raw skin. The only thing long lasting in this service are the results.
- Sustainable and Eco-Friendly. We use bio-degradable linen and gloves with no sticks or strips. Not forgetting that the star of the show is bio-degradable too. We are kind the skin and planet.
If you like what you have read thus far and would like to upgrade your next hair removal service you can do so by calling Alchemy on 01782 536386 to ask to upgrade your service to sugaring. Or to book a sugaring appointment click here